Subscribe to Answers
I do let them know if they have shown the interest.
No, I don't. They have always had a chance to submit their own offers. And the buyer who has submitted an offer is not expecting seller to shop his offer, but to negotiate in good faith. Now if an agent has asked me to let them know if I'm getting another offer, I will let them know. But most of the time nothing comes of it and their client ends up saying they don't want to be in a bidding war. My attitude is when I get an offer I negotiate it in good faith... the rest of them just missed out.
Richard Robibero, e-Pr...
Of course I do if another agent has mentioned interest in their client writing an offer. It's in the best interest of the seller to have more offers to consider than just the one. I don't go after all the agents who have shown though because if someone is on the fence and feels rushed to write their offer, they may have buyer remorse and then back out which is not in the best interest of my seller.
San Antonio, TX
The contents of the offer matters. I may make a couple of calls but usually nothing is generated.
When a buyer or agent have stated they'd like to know if an offer comes in, what's the reason? If there's interest, why don't they act on it now? Why do they want to wait until they have competition?
It may come down to agents who are hoping to prod their clients into buying and buyers who are just curious.
Richard Robibero, e-Pr...
Those who have indicated that their client is interested in writing an offer.
No. I prefer not.
Unless they asked me to do so - or have a feeling that buyers were a good candidate.
Never. Most agents take a dim view of listing agents trying to start a bidding war. Whether they are or not, that's usually how it's percieved by other agents. Most sellers aren't fans of bidding wars anyway. If they have a solid offer in hand, work with that offer and don't play games.
Not unless the agents have told me their clients are very interested, are considering an offer or getting pre-qualified before they make an offer, and that they want to be notified.
For the most part, yes. My job is to get the best offer for my client. There are always exceptions, of course. Still, I don't presume to know how interested someone is by their demeanor. I certainly don't let the other agent know how interested my clients are and I presume it is possible that they are not letting me know how interested their clients are.
No I do not, if they didn't offer for the property their buyer was not interested. However, if activity is going hot and heavy I may call the ones that said there was interest.
It depends on the quality of the offer. If it at list price, or very close, I do not. If it is a low-quality offer, and other agents have asked me to call them if another offer is presented, I will give those agents a call.
Not unless they have expressed that their clients are working on an offer or if they asked to be notified of an offer coming in. I learned in 1989 real estate school "time is of the essence", so you wait an dpotnetially lose an existing offer does not honor that adage, nor does it serve the owner.
I tried it twice however all the agents that responded wanted specifics on the offer submitted and I didn't feel that was ethical. I can't take an offer with the same terms but for one dollar more serious. It's not eBay!
All of the contacts by the listing agent after they receive an offer risks that the buyer who did write will withdraw.
Most experienced agents can tell when a listing agent is "shopping" their offer.
Seems to me that the better thing for a seller to do is accept, counter or reject and not play games.
No, I do not. Though, I will contact agents or clients that have said they might have an interest.
I do for recent ones and those that have viewed it more than once.
Our word is our word, so if I have an offer and another agent has asked to be kept in loop, than our job is to keep our word! You can not blame customers for seeing multiple others, so make the call and I usually give them 1 day, or we work on the current offer.
Generally speaking, if an agent who has an intersted buyer who is not quite ready to write an offer...the agent has contacted me..and asked me to keep them in touch. If I have a situation like that, I will notify the agent. Otherwise, I guess I believe in first come first serve. But again, the seller gets a vote in how we play this.
Richard, I don't unless the offer is something that may not fly.
Absolutely no notification to other agents!
I will notify every buyer who communicated to me interest in the property and all investors. I want real buyers who will submit a back up as soon as the primary is executed.
Honestly, it depends upon how good the current offer is!