Subscribe to Answers
Rick Obst - as such, lots of things.
The best of it is a smile of my buyer clients face who see their dreams come true!
The challenge of helping my team to excell.
just looking back on some of the old questions and answers, looks like you got some good replies here.
Creating win-win outcomes!
Flexibility is its key ingredient for me Rick Obst.
I like building relationships and having the opportunity to work independently wih a flexible schedule. Thanks!
20 Things I Like Most About My Real Estate Job
by Annette Lawrence
Real estate, in all it's forms and disaplines has proven to be the most incredible and resilient, innovative industry on the planet.
What I like most is:
- Continuous extentions due to title company findings regarding adjacent property
- Missed dates because underwriter 'found something' in credit file
- Lenders/title company/attorneys still using fax machines
- Byer agents who don't show up.
- Buyer agents whose buyer does not show up and don't call
- After contingencies fullfilled buyer agent submits further price adjustment.
- Eboxes without keys
- New clients without email.
- Buyers who are not looking for anything specific, just looking for a deal.
- Purchase offers where every numeric entry is wrong
- Knowing I am going to have to take care of both sides of the transaction, and still pay the other agent.
- Buyers who have no time line
- Sellers who have no time line
- Sellers who say, "I need to get $xxx for my house."
- Buyers who ask"Will you give me a kick back?"
- Condo buyers whose family is comprised of 2 pit bulls.
- Agents wanting 45% referral fee.
- Hearing people knowingly repeating false data
- Emotionally intense buyers and sellers
- Finding seller items in house at walk through
What I love is that every agent encounters ALL of these issues repeatedly every year. Collectively we can celebrate the realization we possess solutions, we possess ingenuity, we possess the skill, we possess the authority, we possess the temperament, we possess the insight to address all of these issues and deliver to those who trust us the best possible outcome.
What I LIKE about my job as a real estate professional is knowing this job is not easy, but we, as a community of 'called' professionals, make it appear so.
Best of success to all of you.
Sounds like the standard answer is "people" and I agree. But I also like to solve problems. And I have had a lot of them this week.
I enjoy meeting and helping people. Some of my clients become great friends and we stay in touch even after the close of their home.
Rick, I like the satisfaction knowing you have helped people to purchase or sell their home, so they can move on to where they need to be at the various stages of their lives. I like the economics and variety involved with selling real estate, as well. It is a performance based job where you have to produce to earn a paycheck, not show up as in some careers.
Passion to solve real estate problems and being a source of information and connection to my clients/customers/sphere of influence and get a lot of appreciations daily
I'm a ''people persona'' and I do enjoy the opportunity to meet and help my clients and my community. I also love the architecture and landscaping art ( in general), design, staging and updating solutions~ everything that makes our lives more comfortable and enjoyable.
I enjoy the people I get to know and help!
I enjoy the challenges and the fact that my job isn't the same from day to day.
The freedom to set my schedule and work as hard and make as much as I want. The only boundaries are the ones I set. It is truly an entrepreneur's dream.
The freedom to set my schedule for the day, including satying up late or sleeping in. We can adjust our day according to softball games or school plays, without having threats from management for taking off a few hours.
Networking and helping agents build their business.
Flexabilbity and working with the people.
WINNING! Whether it is in a good negotiation or a great listing presentation or knowing that I did a good job for my client - I like the success that I feel from a job well done.
I enjoy many of the people I meet as well as the variety of the job.