TOP OF CLASS LISTING AGENT : Five Star Agent is an elite class of agents who have the ability to sell REO Properties and have represented banks in the marketing and sale of residential properties. These bank clients have included Fannie Mae, Wells Fargo, Chase, Nation Star, Hedge Fund Investors,
SHORT SALE FORECLOSURE RESOURCE (SFR): SFR certified agent who negotiates directly with the bank. This is a three way transaction that involves buyer, seller, and short sale lender approval. It requires someone very skilled to communicate and negotiate with all parties in the transaction.
ESTATE SALES: Representing families and executors of family estates who need an experienced agent to manage, list, and sell asset for family members.
TRADITIONAL SALES: As the market transitions to a normal market then traditional sales will become the norm again. When selecting a Real Estate Agent it is important to know and trust that your agent can act as your consultant, give you good advise, price your home accordingly, and get you the highest price you can.
INDEPENDENT VS BIG NAME COMPANY: I find it important to educate the public and tell them you do not have to work with a big company to be successful in Real Estate. Agents who work for Big Name Companies are considered Independent Agents. Sometimes Big Name Companies are inflexible and unable to make decisions that are in the sellers best interest.
TEAM CONCEPT: Many Real Estate Companies work in Teams. While I am not opposed to a team they sometimes are counter productive and can work against you the seller if you do not have someone who is in charge of the team who you can talk to directly when things are going wrong. My philosophy is you can always call me and the buck stops here.
Five Things to Look For Before Selling Your Home:
1. Motivation: There are many reasons to sell your home. Some are voluntary while others are by necessity. Voluntary sales are by choice and are normal sales where homeowners are looking to sell a home because they have outgrown their existing home, or life style has changed. Involuntary sales are distressed sales commonly referred to as Short Sales and Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. It is important to discuss what motivates you to sell the find the right agent to work with you.
2. Pricing Your Home: Getting the highest price for you home is important. Your agent should be provide you with information comparable properties that have sold in the last 3-6 months and provide you with 3 properties that are Active on the market. They should also provide you market data like average days on market to sell and whether it is a buyer or sellers market. Pricing a property too high or too low has consequences that you should avoid.
3. Preparing Your Home for Sale: Fixing your home up or selling As-Is should be something to think about before you put your house on the market. Some minor repairs will be recommended and some major repairs should be considered if they will give you a better return on house value when you sell. Obviously some people will need to sell "As-Is".
4. Marketing Your Home: More home buyers are searching the internet for a home to buy. Your real estate agent must know all of the ways to generate more buyers to your home via the internet.
5. Negotiation and Sale Process: Your real estate agent must be able to handle all of the negotiations with other real estate agents, attorneys, appraisers, mortgage brokers, short sale lenders. Your agent must be able to handle multiple offers, recommend counter offer strategies, and make sure you the seller are getting the highest and best offer.
The Real Estate Market today requires someone who can act as an advisor on many issues.
It is important to find someone who you can trust.
It is important for that person to be a good listener.
I would expect nothing less from you.
Jack Lewitz, Your Real Estate Consultant For Life
The Real Estate Market is always changing and so I have updated my website and invite people to like the changes being made. http://www.ilrealestatespecialists.com