Welcome to my Background in the Apartment Industry!
My experience in the Real Estate Industry started 9 years ago as I began working as a Leasing Consultant for an Apartment Community in Dallas. Within 3 short months, I was recruited and hired as a Marketing Director, overseeing several communities throughout the DFW Metroplex.
In July 2004, I transitioned into the Uptown Dallas Market and began working as an Assistant Property Manager where my skills and experience increased dramatically as I was exposed to every aspect of Property Management. 2 years later, the knowledge received paid off tremendously when I was promoted to Property Manager over a great A+ Community in Uptown Dallas.
My property and business management background has provided me with excellent people and communication skills necessary to succeed in this Industry. I am able to communicate with Residents and Ownership to maintain a high level of satisfaction on both sides, while correctly following all legal procedures and requirements. I am well versed in many legal issues that may arise between tenants and landlords so I can best advise both parties whenever a situation arises. My management style is proactive, not reactive, but my depth of experience and knowledge enables me to be prepared when a reactive response is the only option.
I have experience managing, training and leading office and maintenance team members, possess the skills necessary for this role, such as great communication, leadership, troubleshooting, multitasking and organizational skills. I am highly proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook as well as Industry specific applications such as Yardi Software, Appfolio, Credit Retriever, TAA Bluemoon, MLS and ALN.
Utilizing my years of professional experience as well as the tools and resources I have been exposed to, I possess the ability and determination to further achieve optimum results within the Apartment Industry.
Please also visit me at:
Property Management, Real Estate Investments, Sales, Purchases, Private Listing Rentals, Apartment Locating, Client Relocation Needs, Extensive Marketing Knowledge of the DFW Metroplex
Top Producing Agent
Property Manager of the Year
Asset Manager of the Year
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS OVERVIEW
Extensive background in Residential Property Management with a strong emphasis on developing systematic ways to alleviate monetary loss and increase Net Operating Income. Exceeding company goals and customer service expectations. Highly experienced with contract negotiations, managing troubled assets and implementing operational policies and procedures. Successful in creating and implementing detailed marketing plans through new and innovative procedures.
Beam Real Estate LLC., Dallas, TX
December 2008 - Current
• Streamlined property management operations and functions to create a system of unity and cohesion in the office
• Developed a positive and personable relationship with each Property Owner, Investor, Asset Management Company and Resident to create a cohesive environment for all parties
• Managed all aspects and job functions of property management including but not limited to accounting, maintenance issues, tenant lease execution, court evictions, legal contracts, rent collections and marketing each property
Kensington Properties. Dallas, TX
Area Apartment Property Manager
November 2009 - April 2011
• Implemented Policies and Procedures Manual for Dallas Regional Operations
• Created yearly budgets, capital expenditures and maintenance operating expense projections while successfully operating within set guidelines
• Produced various analytical reports and management programs to monitor monthly financial performance and achievements for owners and bank investors
• Increased Market Rents by 6.7% annually, managed rent and utility delinquency under .035% monthly; an overall annual reduction of 56.99%
• Negotiated and executed all Vendor/Service Contracts to effectively control expenditures, netting an annual savings of 37.24% and 47.09% on two uniquely diverse Uptown Dallas assets
• Developed a successful renewal program; resulting in an average annual renewal rate of 59.64%; an increase of 23.94% from the previous year
• Enhanced Team efficiency and productivity through clearly outlined goals, specialized training and accomplishment incentive programs
• Provide professional managerial services to all Residents, Clients, Vendors, Investors and Owners with a positive attitude and “open door” policy
Worth Ross Management Company, Inc. Dallas, TX
June 2006 - December 2008
• Oversaw $19 million in Single-Family Home Assets, over 200 properties, throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• Assisted with property management portfolio mergers and due diligence efforts
• Successfully initiated business programs to track sources of incoming clientele, marketing efforts and closing ratios
• Created new and innovative marketing approaches to bring new investors, clients and prospective tenants to Worth Ross Management Company, Inc.
Gables Residential. Dallas, TX
Area Apartment Property Manager
February 2005 - June 2006
• Managed and operated over $37 million in portfolio assets on 5 properties
• Operated each property within projected budget guidelines, closing out Net Occupancy Income above anticipated goals by 39.8%
• Trained new managers and assisted with overseeing troubled assets
• Implemented a detailed marketing and resident relations program generating 30% more traffic weekly and a 15% gain on retention rates
• Managed all of Gables’ marketing programs, resident events, charity programs and other special event coordination within the Dallas Region as the Planning Committee President
Fath Properties. Dallas, TX
Assistant Property Manager/Property Manager In Training
July 2004 - February 2005
• Resolved resident issues and concerns in a timely and professional manner preventing the need for escalation to the Property Manager or Corporate Office
• Efficiently managed tenant ledger accounts with less that .05% delinquency monthly
• Troubleshot reasons for monetary loss on under performing assets to generate a profit and accurately account for losses
• Developed a company wide renewal program to manage rental increases
Sherman Residential. Coppell, TX
Marketing Director/Assistant Property Manager
April 2003 - July 2004
• Implemented and further developed a successful marketing campaign which increased occupancy by 21% within 3 months
• Managed all resident lease renewals with an average of 62% retention while increasing rental rates 6 – 10%
• Audited property portfolios accounting ledgers, creating an annual gain of $107,000 due to accounting errors and omissions
• Analyzed market changes and identified trends, becoming a highly competitive industry leader
BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE. Farmers Branch, TX
Business Management Major, with a focus on Marketing
CHAMPIONS SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE. Coppell, TX
2005 Real Estate Licensing Exam Completed
License # 0541224
I am an experienced property management professional with over 9 years of providing successful financial and operational property management.
Some of my career highlights include:
• Controlled vacancy loss, increased asset growth, dramatically reduced delinquent rent and outstanding bad debt collection.
• I am a profit minded manager who always looks for ways to increase profitability and further expand the outflow revenue of the community in focus. Annual Market Rates have increased by 6.95%.
• I revised, renegotiation and canceled ineffective and costly contracts, netting an annual savings of 37.24% and 47.09% on two uniquely diverse Uptown Dallas assets. Additionally, vending service agreements have increased by 121.45%.
• Established detailed training programs, trained new hires, as well as reestablished guidelines for proper lease file handling.
• Utilized my marketing skills to successfully track and monitor trends and changes within the local market, making our properties industry leaders.
• Created yearly Statement of Operation Budgets and operated within budget guidelines while developing and implementing successful control methods to alleviate monetary loss to each property.
Currently looking for new Apartment Property Management Careers in the Dallas Metroplex!